- Full time
- Competetive salary commensurate with experience + excellent benefits
- Santa Cruz, CA or Washington, DC
We're looking for a talented individual to join our in-house development team in Santa Cruz, CA or Washington, DC on a full-time basis. You'll work directly with other developers on brand new products that leverage technologies such as Node.js, Backbone.js, Redis, MySQL, and Web Sockets to produce responsive, real-time web applications.
- Building highly social web applications that reach 100,000s of users.
- Training junior developers on new technologies and establishing best-practices for future development.
- Growing community awareness of Terra Eclipse and our projects.
You must have:
- A minimum of 4 years experience in hand-coded web development, collaborative experience preferred.
- Experience with Git and GitHub.
- Experience with databases and preferrably MySQL, Redis and other 'NoSQL' offerings.
- The ability to work with Linux servers on the command line.
- A passion for performance, scalability and security.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has:
- Experience writing Node.js applications.
- An obsession with keeping up-to-date with the Node.js community and the latest projects and modules.
- Experience working in cloud computing environments (AWS, Rackspace, Joyent, etc.).
Is this you? Please send us:
- Your resume
- Your web development portfolio (important: if you are unable to show us code samples or live links to sites you have contributed to, please do not apply for this position)
- Examples of open-source projects you have worked with or contributed code to
We look forward to hearing from you!
Contact us to apply
Terra Eclipse Inc. is headquartered in Santa Cruz, CA and maintains an office in Washington, DC.